10/30/2015 09:18:00 am

Memories 002 | Ah Gong's Slippers 阿公的拖鞋 |

When we lived with our grandparents, there was a (kind of) backyard, some areas cemented and some not. And because that backyard was more accessible through the back (kitchen) door, I usually went out through there. But since my shoes and slippers were at the front door, sometimes I went barefoot, and sometimes I wore my Ah Gong's slippers.

It was too big for me then (it still is too big now), but I liked the flippy-floppy feeling when I waddled along, the rubber smacking on the cemented ground.

They looked something like this:

there were raised bumps for 'massage' purposes
'osaki' brand



My memory post being with my Popo (maternal grandma) and this one being with my Ah Gong (paternal grandpa had no relevance. 

1 comment :

  1. That's such a nice memory.
    I have one of secretly running off with my granddad's wheelchair while he was sleeping :P

    x Envy
    Lost in Translation

    ReplyDelete

Hello! If you have anything to add onto the post, or just to say hi, here's a smiley face for you :)

I love comments, I do read and reply to every single one, so do tick the 'notify me' box so you can read my replies.