1/31/2017 03:37:00 pm

wish lantern // shutter stories

photo by me

十分老街//Shifen Old Street
where wishes are released
into the vast inky blackness of the sky
as lanterns
hundreds of hopes and dreams
crystallised as paper lanterns

longings for good health,
prosperity and love

the lantern of wishes
liberated into the empyrean yonder
higher and higher it levitates
like artificial stars
then disappearing from view

joining its companions
at the land of wishes
where hopes and dreams are realised

2 comments :

  1. Wow-- beautiful poem and words Zelus!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Vivian! I was mainly inspired and spurred to try poetry thanks to your posts!

      Delete

Hello! If you have anything to add onto the post, or just to say hi, here's a smiley face for you :)

I love comments, I do read and reply to every single one, so do tick the 'notify me' box so you can read my replies.